Last edited 28/8-19
Each team must bring 4 drop bags / boxes (max 100 liters, must be closed)
– Bag A: 25 kg
– Bag B: 25 kg
– Bag C: 20 kg
– Bag D: 8 kg
Overview of dropbag can be found in participants letter and will be online 1 week before race start.
All race equipment
During the whole race all team’s members must have the following personal mandatory equipment:
- 1x survival blanket
- 1x whistle available eg. on back pack.
- Red light on back of back pack or body (turned on when walking on roads at night)
- Small white front light (headlamp ok)
- Waterproof jacket
- Windproof pants
- SportIdent card to punch controls (provided by the race organizers)
- Racebib – must carried as visible outer layer throughout at all times during the race (provided by the race organizers)
During the whole race each team must have the following general team mandatory equipment:
- First aid kit in sealed package, that in includes:
- 2x Bandage of 6 cm width and 2 meters long
- 5x Plaster of min 5×2 cm size
- Analgesic (like paracetamol and others)
- Anti-inflammatory (like ibuprofen and others)
- Hand sanitizer /ethanol to clean wounds
- 1x Mobile phone – fully charged in sealed package (Will be sealed by race organizers in bus after prologue). Must be available all times and not stoved away on kayak.
- 1x compass
- Waterproof pen for writing. Suitable for all surfaces.
- Running shoes for all teammembers
- Minimum 1x big headlamp
- 1 digital camera to take team selfies at CP´s where roadbook says “team selfie”
- Road book and maps from Race organizer
- GPS tracker (provided by race organizer). Must be placed in a pocket at the surface and top of back pack and not be stored in pack rooms in kayak.
Discipline specific equipment
Personal mandatory equipment for mountain bike stages:
- Mountain bike
- Team’s number (provided by the race organizers) must be fixed at the front of the bike
- Red light pointing backward and and white light pointing forward. Must be mounted on bike an turned on during night time. Headlamp does not count as white front light.
- Repair kit (per team)
Participants must obey traffic regulations.
It is mandatory to use helmet during the whole MTB stage.
Team mandatory equipment for swimming stages:
4x extra glowsticks
Personal Mandatory equipment for Swimming stages:
Wetsuit – long or short
Life vest (PFD) will be provided by organizers or we will give you access to your paddling equipment.
Personal mandatory equipment for paddling stage:
- Life vest (PFD)
- 2x Glow sticks 1 attached on vest or head and 1 attached on kayak. Must glow during dark hours.
- Paddles – it is allowed to bring your own.
- Mobile phone and GPS must not be stoved away.
It’s mandatory to use life vest (PFD) during the whole kayak stage.
Team mandatory equipment for paddling stages:
- Kayaks (provided by the race organizers)
- Spoons and sponges provided by organizer
- Sealed phone must be accessible when on water
- 1 x parachute rocket – must be accessible when on water
- 1 x flare – must be accessible when on water
- Sufficient water-supplies for minimum 6 hours (short course will do with 4 hours)
- 4x extra glowsticks – if needed
- All gear will be provided by organizers
- GPS-navigation equipment. (Watches with GPS are ok for tracking but no map function)
- Motorized vehicles
- Maps not provided by the race organization
- Wheels for canoe and kayak
- Sails for canoe and kayak